Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Crochet Flower

Hello people and Happy Wednesday :0)!

My daughter recently started to crochet. She has wanted to learn for quite a while, but I haven't been able to help her out at all - I can knit, but crochet eludes me!

Someone we know gave my daughter a book to encourage her and she wanted to send them a Thank You card with a crochet flower on it. Hmmmm. This was new to me. 

I took a helping of inspiration from Debby Hughes (limedoodle) so that my daughter's flower took centre stage - and this is what happened:

Crochet Flower

My Fancy Flourishes made another appearance here - they seem to end up in my hand no matter what I'm doing at the moment :0)!

Crochet Flower Deet

My daughter used this African Violet pattern to make her flower (with a softer shape). She is thrilled with how this turned out and I hope her recipient is happy too!
 
Thanks for stopping by! :0)

x

N

Stamps: Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink), Sentiment from Teeny Trees (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Dies: Tag sale #3, Fancy Flourishes (Papertrey Ink)
Embossing Plate: Woodgrain (Papertrey Ink) 

6 comments:

Leah said...

SO pretty! I crochet but don't know how to knit :) Love the Fancy Flourishes, still have never gotten that set but may just have too. Hope you are feeling better.

Kara said...

gorgoeus!!

Laura Jane said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for the flower pattern link!

Nancy L. said...

Very pretty card!
Love that little crocheted flower!

Christina said...

What a sweet and special card featuring your daughter's flower. I especially love the white on white background that draws your eye right to that pretty flower.

Abounding Treasures said...

What a stunning, gorgeous card ~ I crochet a little and am thinking I might try my hand at creating this pattern ... at least give it a try :)