Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Hello :0)

Hello lovely people! I have missed you all so much!

I'm still alive (and that isn't much of a joke really) but will spare you my best Mrs. Bennett ... "what a dreadful state I am in ... such tremblings, such flutterings, all over me - such spasms in my side and pains in my head, and such beatings at heart ..." (Jane Austin, Pride and Prejudice) 

My health hasn't been the best - and the medical fraternity has just been a bit puzzled by it all. But after putting some time and effort into doing a ton of research and eliminating various things in my life and adding a ton more, I am having some stronger days now - and that is all I will say about that - I'm sure you didn't stop by for an autobiography :0)

Card making has taken a bit of a backseat and blogging has been even further behind on the backburner. My poor craft room had a few months of being impeccably tidy (yes really, I kid you not). Enough to make any crafty minded person weep, to be sure :0)

Anyhoo, if you don't mind me just blogging when I can and hanging out when it's possible - I'd love to share with you again!

I made this card for a Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World - the closing date sadly went by, but my recipient loved it - so I thought I'd share.


I really loved the daintiness of this - and the texture and wanted to keep those elements intact.
 
White Confection

Lots of white embossing here. I added a little sprinkle of pink glitter between the embossed strips.

White Confection Deet

The flowers were punched out of vellum and chalked to keep them light.

So there it is. 

Thank you for stopping by - I hope the rest of your day (or evening) is absolutely everything wonderful you could wish for!

x

N

Tools - Impression Plates - Polka Dot, Woodgrain, Text Style, Vineyard, Linen and Canvas,
Modern Alphabet Dies - Lower Case (Papertrey Ink)
Punch - Small Flower, EK Success 

5 comments:

Wida said...

glad to see you back...beautiful card! Health is something we so take for granted isn't it? Hope you continue feeling better!

Lindsay said...

So glad to "see" you Nerina! I hope you are on the road to full recovery, and can keep popping in with lovely projects like this! It's gorgeous, all of that texture!

Leah said...

Glad to see you back! Your card is just lovely. I do hope you get to feeling all the way better...I understand health issues taking their toll, hugs :)

Nancy L. said...

Glad to hear from you, hoping you get a lot better ;)

Beautiful card!!

Susan said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and it's great to see you blogging again! I will keep you in my thoughts hoping for better health.