Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lots of Hugs

Hello everyone, happy Saturday!

Have you seen this picture?


It's a Tuesday Trigger - called "Feather Weather" at the Moxie Fab World.

Don't you LOVE the softness of this - the background is so gentle and serene - with the fluttering white feather laid over the top.

Try as I might to be soft and serene, I just found myself attracted to those cute little birds - and then all week I've had some pent up stripes that just needed to be expressed - so my interpretation ended up going altogether in that direction ...

Sending Hugs

I tried to incorporate some of the softness of the feather in an emotional way - by choosing a very kind, embracing sentiment. The gold pearl strand came through in the sequins and rhinestones. The stitching is a nod to the concept of a napkin - dressed up this way, it looks like it is made of fabric.

Sending Hugs Deet

The white circle the bird is in, is negatively die cut from the card front.

So there it is. Not quite how I planned when starting out - but it felt so good to let those stripes out :0)

Have a good one!

x

N

Stamps: Distressed Stripes, Little Bitty Bird, Tag Its #1 (Papertrey Ink)
Truly Appreciated (Hero Arts)

8 comments:

Kara said...

this is so cute!! love that you had striped trying to come out...lol! So cute:)

Kara said...

*stripes

Helen F. said...

Love the little bird and your 'stripes' outing! Lovely sentiment to go on the front too :)

Cath said...

Hey Nerina! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Laurie said...

I love this! The stripes make me happy!!

Dana said...

Hi Nerina, I'm just checking in on you. Last I recall you were not in the best of health. I hope things have aligned themselves for you. Sending good vibes your way!

Angela Conklin said...

Absolutely adorable, from the stripes and stitching to the little bird and sentiment :)

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!
I just posted a card on my blog...that the inspiration for it came from you...smile...
I cased a card of yours that was posted in the Paper Crafts Card Sketches book.
Thank you so much for the inspiration!